Bondcliff Trail/Guyot Peak

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabberwalk

Reaction score
I was recently sorting through my hiking photos and came across a terrific one, from an outstanding hike to an unnamed peak. Here is the link:

I think the peaks are, from left to right:

Bemis, Nancy, Anderson, Lowell, Vose Spur, and Carrigain (Please correct me if I am wrong)

This peak is located on the Bondcliff Trail, just .8 mile south of the junction of Twinway. My hiking friend, Hufflepuff, and I set out for this peak at the end of July on a beautiful clear day, just because it was a peak she had never been to. There are 360 degree views of the Pemi Wilderness, and definitely a worthwhile hike.

But, the peak needs a name!!! I recommend "James" Bond to go along with West, Mt. Bond and Bondcliff. Perhaps, South Guyot might appeal to the general public. Does anyone know of a common name for this peak?

Thanks. I tried to inset the actual photo (and read some of the info recently posted on this, but it is tricky.)

Last edited:
If this is the bump just north of the spur to Guyot tentsite, I believe it's what my usual compatriot calls "Brosnan"--because it's almost a Bond, but not quite.

It took me a while to figure out "Brosnan". . . . .That's good.

How is your ankle coming along? I assume you are off crutches by now and into some serious PT. When can you get back to some light hiking?

I think the peaks are, from left to right:

Bemis, Nancy, Anderson, Lowell, Vose Spur, and Carrigain (Please correct me if I am wrong).

I think you are right. It might be fun to take it to the next level and guess the peaks beyond that first rank. I would offer, with a low degree of certainty:

- Between Vose Spur and Lowell - Bartlett Haystack

- Between Anderson and Nancy - No. Moat

If anyone wants to cheat, here is a labelled view from the 4650 subpeak of Bond.

If anyone wants to cheat, here is a labelled view from the 4650 subpeak of Bond.

I would never have guessed the existence of a website including view information from the "north subpeak of Mt. Bond" - wonders of the Internet! If I am using it correctly, however, it doesn't help very much, as it doesn't bother with Lowell, Anderson, Nancy or Bemis. Still, I believe it confirms one of my guesses, and is consistent with the other.

As I recall, Scudder's Viewing Guide includes Bond among his much more useful panoromas, and that is close enough that it would help with the IDs. I don't have a copy handy, however, and just looked at the Topo.

I would never have guessed the existence of a website including view information from the "north subpeak of Mt. Bond" - wonders of the Internet! If I am using it correctly, however, it doesn't help very much, as it doesn't bother with Lowell, Anderson, Nancy or Bemis.
Well, I named it that, so it's not such an amazing thing :) You can create a view for any point.

From the view, if you click on Nancy (on the map), it'll put a vertical bar on the panorama where Nancy is.