Brad Washburn map -- tyvek?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el-bagr

Reaction score
Does anyone have the scoop on whether the excellent Washburn map of the Presidential Range is/will be printed on tyvek? The paper version is a work of art, but isn't very strong for field use. Any ideas?

Don't know what size it is, but I laminate the maps I make from the NG topo.

Other than that, all I can suggest it is scanning it or portions of it and printing it on a 'weather-proof' media. (eq NG water resistant paper or other paper you can find on the internet). Might be a copywrite violation, tho.

I believe that they used to sell both paper and tyvec versions; I own both. Looking at the AMC site I see that they advertise a paper map. Time to check with Steve and then update my page.

I asked at the AMC store in Pinkham Notch about a tyvek version of Washburn's Mt Washington last spring (after my paper copy had become extremely tattered) and was told that it was only available on paper. It's be great if they'd print a tyvek version, but I don't believe thay have yet.

From Erwin Tennesee, - They did print the washburn map on Tyvek previously as I have one sitting in the collection at home. They amy be out of print as you are not the frist one that hasnt been able to find one.