breaking in my new boots (8-20+8-21-12)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natron

Reaction score
Last Thursday I purchased new boots! I went with the ll.bean cresta, I appreciated the advice I received here on VFTT, http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthre...perimeter-gore-tex-vs-ll-bean-gore-tex-cresta The weather forecast was for partly sunny with increase of clouds in the day and a 20% of showers with seasonably cool temps., good enough for me!

Last time they will look like this! (45 degrees @8a, 1st time this summer I started hiking with a shell, besides rain)
DSC02194.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd consider this mostly sunny..
DSC02206.jpg
[/IMG]

I love ledges and slabs!
DSC02207.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02222-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02221.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02226.jpg
[/IMG]

When I arrived at the peak, I noticed blueberries! The next 1+ hr. I picked blueberries, snapped pix, and explored the different aspects of this pretty hill.. I loved having the peak to myself the whole time!

DSC02265.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02241.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02268.jpg
[/IMG]

I down climbed part of the steep side..
DSC02288.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02286.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02282.jpg
[/IMG]

continued..

Last edited:
continued..

looking down
DSC02284.jpg
[/IMG]

found a gun
DSC02278.jpg
[/IMG]

holding down the peak!
DSC02290.jpg
[/IMG]

On the hike down, ran into a few groups of hikers, maybe 8 people total.. Had a nice lunch break in my car before my next little adventure!

I decided it would be a good idea to do a short little backpack trip with my new boots!

About 2 miles in I crossed this brook, although I didn't need water to make it to camp, I couldn't refuse, water doesn't get any clearer or better tasting than this! (the 2 liters were pumped from this brook) Before I got to the brook crossing I ran into 2 hikers coming down, these would be the last people I ran into..
DSC02310-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Much of the trail reminded me of the woods sections of the grafton loop trail..
DSC02315.jpg
[/IMG]

Time to make camp. Really liked the campsite, I stayed in #2..
DSC02320.jpg
[/IMG]

Time for a walk.. The pond..
DSC02326.jpg
[/IMG]

My dinner table!
DSC02336.jpg
[/IMG]

views..
DSC02338.jpg
[/IMG]

Commanding views of KR and CR
DSC02350.jpg
[/IMG]

Peakbaggers' cheese
DSC02352.jpg
[/IMG]

Back for sunset, cue the clouds!
DSC02369.jpg
[/IMG]

Monday was a perfect day to be out, temps never made it out of the 60's on my hikes, full sunshine, no winds, no humidity, felt like late September! A couple of small rain showers during the night. My ankles were sore (from the boots) during the down hike in the morning but the terrain was easy and forgiving.

Last edited: