"Bridge" camera purchase advice sought

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's been nearly month since that announcement, Elizabeth. What are your impressions of the new camera so far?

G.

Sorry to be so late in replying, I just now checked back on this thread. I have definitely been enjoying the G11. I can't say that I have taken any earth-shattering photos; but have some that please me reasonably well. I very much appreciate the manual controls. At this point I would never go back to a camera that requires a whole lot of button-pushing to adjust the settings - What a pain that was!

I have discovered that the fold-out LCD screen is a helpful feature as well. I can wrap the strap around a tree and shoot self-timed photos, while being able to see the scene I'm setting up. The size and weight of the camera are fine for hiking. My compact-size Gorilla Pod mini tripod is a bit too small for using well with this camera. I should probably have gotten the larger size Gorilla Pod. (At this point I might go for a full-height light-weight foldable tripod as my next camera equipment purchase.)

Thanks again to everyone who contributed advice and insight to this thread.