Bushwhack from Iroquois to Marshall?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Has anyone gone straight from Mt. Iroquois to Mt. Marshall or vice versa?

There is a faint path from the summit of Iroquois down to Algonquin Pass. Following it carefully will help you to avoid the cliffs. Head down to Shepard's Tooth, then stay to the right of the tooth and continue down the "drainage". You might want to wait for the snow to melt (although since this is on a southerly exposure there may not be much snow there now.) Once in the pass, turn right on the trail and you will quickly find a cairn marking the start of the Marshall path.

Last edited:
Peak_bgr and I tried to do this last summer. Made it to Shepards Tooth but turned around because of time constraints. Be prepared for alot of thick underbrush and slow going. Wear long pants and long sleeves.

Sounds like it would be best to go from Marshall to Iroquois.

Look up old thread

I remember a thread on this a few months back. I believe there was a pretty detailed description of the route. Try searching back in the archived threads!

I've temporarily lost my enthusiasm for bushwhacking! Watch out for those cliffs if descending Iroquois in thick scrub.

Iroquois to Marshall easier

It is easier to stay on the path descending from Iroquois than ascending to Iroquois. Missing the path on the way up can result in some technical moves...been there.