Bushwhack - Mt. Fay, Blueberry Mtn, Carson Mtn, Little Fay Mtn - 12/1/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TelemarkMike

Reaction score
I continued on with my recent theme of bushwhacking some of the lower open rock peaks. This time it was the small group of peaks just east of the Jay Mountain Wilderness Area.

Leesa and I made a loop of it and had a nice time. 2" of snow at the base, and perhaps 4" at the summit. Nice and peaceful in the woods. Easy walking for the most part.

We were socked in on Mt. Fay and had a little visibility by the time we got to Carson Mtn. Both have open rock which would afford nice views. Blueberry Mountain is treed with spruce, but there is a viewpoint towards Carson from the eastern edge of the summit.

For pics and more details, see by blog post at:
http://www.offonadventure.com/2012/12/bushwhack-hike-mt-fay-blueberry.html

Since we got back to the car at 2:30, we also took a ride up Rt 9 to hike Poke-O-Moonshine. We climbed the longer trail to the summit and firetower. We got down at 5, just as it was getting dark enough to need headlamps. I'd like to ski this trail when there is good snow cover. It looks like it'd be nice. It's the old jeep road to the fire observers cabin.

Last edited: