Cabot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna

Reaction score
It was an easy bareboot hike up to Cabot summit today. The Mount Cabot trail was well packed. Cantdog and I arrived at the packing lot around 8:15, Jim pulled in shortly after. The three of us hiked to the cabin, checked it out, then up to the summit, looked around, then back to the cabin for lunch. The cabin is awesome. Jim did a great job sweeping the floor -- he was trying to keep warm. It was -7 when we left the cabin.

We had great views.

On our way down we passed 5 other guys heading up. It was snowing the entire way down. Round trip.... 4 hours.

Great trip.. Fun hikers!

donna

Just a couple days later and it was not as easy for us to find the trail to the summit after reaching the hut. The trail was completey filled in and blazes covered with snow. But we were eventually able to find it and took photos around the Cabot sign to prove it!

Wooded summits in the winter are amazing!:)

$58 bucks to ski at Sunday River, or a free snowshoe in the quiet woods....easy choice!

Jonatha said:
Just a couple days later and it was not as easy for us to find the trail to the summit after reaching the hut. The trail was completey filled in and blazes covered with snow.
Had the same problem on my first winter trip there. The trail meanders through fairly open woods and is very easy to lose.

OH NO!!!

Do you think we got it? or do we have to go back? :eek:

So is everyone going up From the side that had been closed? Is it now open? Is there a sign? Should I call the ranger station first to confirm the trail is open?

We followed the directions to the trailhead from AMC book. Parking in on the left about 100 ft from trailhead. New wooden sign posted on fence. I guess the issue was resolved! You can call Ranger Station if you want the official word, but I believe it is the entrance everyone has been using for a month or so now.

opps.......I asked the same question in a thread....

Sounds good to me !!