Car vandalized at Rocky Branch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonatha

Reaction score
Just a heads up - upon returning from Isolation today, we returned to find the driver's side window of my car smashed in. Nothing was taken, but it made for a long 3 hour drive home. I called the State Police - not that they can do much, but in the event there is a rash of them. :(

Isn't that parking lot more prone to vandalism than most?

Jim W - apparently it is one of the lots that is hit the most. Just got off the phone with the WMNF and they encouraged me to encourage others to ALWAYS, always call the police and them when this sort of thing happens. That way they have pieces of info to put together and try to figure out a timeline, motive etc. - I mean obviously the motive is theft, but for what - cash, wallets only or gear.

When my time came up, I didn't have to decide on whether or not to call the police, 'cause they were already on the way.
I was coming down from the Hancocks after an overnighter, when two ascending hikers told me what I had waiting for me at the trailhead.
A car with only three windows. In February.
The creep took about 15 bucks worth of coins and tokens.
When I got to the trailhead, the NH Forest Dept. guys were waiting, and the Lincoln Police showed up right after that.
What can they do? Profile. And stay vigilant.
And profile.
Or...............I could camp out about 30 yards away from my car with a baseball bat...............

Vigalante Justice??

Perhaps people will volunteer one night this year to camp out quietly near the cars with video cameras and perhaps a pitbull terrier with a bad case of lockjaw. But seriously if just 100 people volunteered one night each, that would cover the weekends. I mean even if the perps are'nt caught because they catch on, then at least they turn to some other fund-raising activities ie, robbing little kids of their lunch money. I will start by personally volunteer to do it. Friday nights are easy for me because I usually cant get there early enough to start my trips so one night by the cars with some very wary dogs would be my pleasure. Anyone interested? contact me.