Carrigain, 10/31/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonst

Reaction score
Please join me in congratulating VTTToper on accomplishing the NH 48 yesterday! In recollection yesterday, I believe it took him 20 years to accomplish the list but he has worked hard on it for the past 3 years and deserves congratulations!

Now, on to the trip report... The upper part of the Signal Ridge trail is a MESS! For those of you who have been out lately, I am sure you know that the snow that the Whites received has done some major damage. It took us 4-1/2 hours to finally gain the summit - mostly due to negotiating the blowdowns, deep snow and lack of blazing. All in all it was a crystal clear day with breathtaking views of the Presidentials and Pemi wilderness.

I couldn't help but think that this storm is going to make for a difficult winter hiking season in the Whites. There is major maintenance to be done!

Congratulations!

Actually, congratulations to anyone who made a summit in the Whites this weekend. And a hardy congratulations to those who tried!!

Most difficult of all!

Thank for the congrats! This was indeed the most difficult hike of my 48. I got hooked in 1981 doing Moosiluake. With life’s many distractions, other priorities, and obstacles perseverance pays off.

This trip was my most difficult yet with all the blowdowns and overhanging trees. This trip with its obstacles reminds me of my 24 years trying to do all 48. Keep persevering! ;)

Reactions: yam