Cascade and Porter-the anti epic hike!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king tut

Reaction score
I decided to head out the Dak's on saturday morning and hike a few new 46'ers. Being out of shape and sluggish from the last month of whatever plague I have been having, I decided to do one of the easier 46'er hikes. The hike lived up to it's billing of being an introductory hike to the 46'ers. The anti-epic death march. I figured I would get this one out of the way, while I was slowly transforming my sluggish beer belly body into a hiking machine. The mileage was a mere 6 miles or so for both peaks total, and maybe around 2300 or 2400 vertical feet of climbing total. I got to the trailhead around 11 in the morning and luckily found one of the last parking spots, and headed up the mountain. The weather ended up holding up pretty well, just a few sprinkles on the way up, and some sunshine and views once i got on top. I got back down around 2 in the afternoon, and headed home. Here are a few views from the top of the Great Range.

2320603550100346498S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The hike may not be epic, but the view always is!! Glad you were able to get up and enjoy them Adirondacks! :D

Hey Mat! We could just see the top of Cascade from Bennies brook slide on lower wolf jaw. It ended up a nice day to be hiking in the Daks.