Catamount Hill

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksearl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - This is definitely not an epic peak by any means, but I was surprisingly pleased how nice the trail up to Catamount Hill in Bear Brook State Park was for younger kids. It gave you the feel of being on a mountain, but not too long for the kids to lose their attention. My four year old did a great job with it. We did a lollipop loop from the northern side of the park. If you're interested in my trip report, it can be found below, along with a full set of pictures. I've also posted some pics here for convenience!

http://livefreeandhikenh.blogspot.com/2015/09/a-trek-up-catamount-hill-in-bear-brook.html

22-IMG_1230.JPG

09-IMG_1108.JPG

11-IMG_1119.JPG

Saddleback Mountain in Deerfield

15-IMG_1145.JPG

View from the summit, Belknap Mountain in the distance

16-IMG_1152.JPG

Summit shot

18-IMG_1162.JPG

Posted at the summit. Obviously there's a mistake in the description of Saddleback Mountain...clearly not a 4K

05-IMG_1254.JPG

My daughter and I on the way out

1-Trail%2BSigns4.jpg

Signage before the summit

1-Trail%2BSigns3.jpg

Signage after the summit

Karl,

That is a nice hike for little ones. I took my oldest daughter, then 2.5 years old, now 4.5 years old. Back then I had to carry her for some of it in the baby backpack but your right that is has enough interesting stuff but not too long. Did the Eagle Scouts get rid of the graffiti and the view boulders?

John

Hi John - No graffiti that I saw on any of the boulders. It was a great, scenic hike all around!

Karl