Caution for Warner Hill Fire Tower

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksearl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My 3 year old and I are working on the Tower Quest NH project and this past weekend we visited the Warner Hill Fire Tower in Derry. On the third platform up the stairs, we got massively swarmed by aggressive wasps. In an effort to hold her, run down the stairs and swat them off her at the same time, we also slipped and fell down one of the flights of narrow stairs, scratching and bruising us up pretty badly. My daughter, who had never been stung, got stung 4 times and I got stung a couple. It was a pretty traumatic experience for her and I hope I'll be able to get her back on the trail soon and it doesn't scare her away.

I've notified the Division of Forest and Lands and I'm waiting on a call back. It's a dangerous situation with that nest up there so I wanted to warn everyone.

Take care,
Karl

I hope you and your daughter are okay now that it's been a few weeks, and that you two can resume your Tower Quest NH project. :)