Class 5 bushwhacks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Johnson

didn't marriage settle you down -you bushwhacking maniac?:D

I don't know where this thread has gone...

Stewart from Wilmingon state campground
Any Delaware County NY 3000' (thick briars)
Sawtooth Number "4" (ADK trail guide list) from Ampersand Lake boundary
Lost Pond Peak
Rocky Mtn(Ulster county Catskills)
Yrazor trying to pass off any information on a message board

Kilburn summit from the top of the slide.
Marcy via Point Balk and Little Marcy.
Adams via Popple Hil.l
TR via the NW ridge.

just to name a few

I thought the big question was....

"What is the drink with champagne and orange juice?"

My answer would have been 'Buck's Fizz', an altogether more amusing name I think than Mamosa.

:)

Bob

John

I also did Kilburn truly nasty and not recommended. It is on the 100 highest list of the ADK.

To add to your list here are some more 100 highest uglies

Blue Ridge Mt

I will also not suggest anyone in their right mind bushwhack up Blue Ridge Mt in Schroon Lake, near Hoffman. That was nastier than Kilburn. Cripplebrush so thick one has to "ball up" and push through. The view is even worse it was limited to seeing only those with you.

Wolf Pond Mt

Another less punishing but equally aweful is Wolf Pond Mt from the summit of Boreas.

Stewart Mt

It is near Kilburn but far better with an open forest along a northern approach. There are open ledges with some views.

I will suggest an easy one, Cellar Mt found in the Moose River Planes area. The approach is via the Cellar Pond Trail and following a ridge from a height of land. It has a rather interesting forest some views and a rather easy ascent.

As for the rest on your list I'll take your word for it and stay away.

What a difference a route makes...peak_bgr, Bushwacker and another friend and I did Wolf Pond this Spring. We came in from the SSW. It was really nice open woods until about .15 miles from the top. It then got a little cliffy and thick, but not of epic proportions.

PB

AntlerPeak--are you working on the ADK 100 highest? or have you finished? There is a group of us pecking away at them. Brian (bushwacker) and I have 80 of them. Are you interested in joining our twisted little group of self abusers? PM me and let me know.

Spence

I decided against that after wrestling with a few that a friend dragged me up. The last one was Blue Ridge in Schroon Lake very ugly. I think my friend has one left in the Sawteeth range. I understand there are a few that present problems over private property etc. At least my friend had some difficulty getting permissions with a few.

Tom ( AntlerPeak)