Clikstand?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave.m

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the Clikstand for use with Trangia burners?

http://www.clikstand.com/

ClikstandS2_lg.jpg

I ordered it based on your inquiry. i will let you know after i get to test it

Here is my first impression:

The general construction and design is attractive. The stand is easy to assemble and disassemble. The windscreen is easy to assemble. I like the way it rests on the stand's latches. The trangia stove fits right into the cavity. The three components (trangia, stand, windscreen) provide an altogether functional unit.

Now how you practically use it with your cooking pot will depend entirely on what type of cookware you use. I currently use the Titanium pot from MSR into which I slide my Solo woodburning stove, into which I slide the trangia stove. I slide the whole thing into a handmade 'cozy' made out of windshield sun shade material. It all fits relatively well together.

If the pot was the only one I had in my posession then the the only thing that would fit inside it is the Trangia and the windscreen. The stand as it is assembled is too wide. Disassembled it sticks out of the pot and the middle component does not fit into the pot at all. So, to decide to carry the stand disassembled one must have some kind of system which protects some sharp parts of the Clickstand that do stick out.

I have not tried this in my older MSR stainless steel pot which is wider. My guess is that disassembled the Clickstand would fit everything inside just fine. (EDIT: I tried it. The assembled stand barely fits into the pot...I had to bend one of the latches a little to squeeze it in. This however leaves no space to roll the windscreen in there. :-( Disassembled, the stand and the wind screen can be savely stowed inside, leaving extra space for a bottle with cooking alcohol.)

One practical conundrum though is the use of the windscreen and pot handles. They essentially get in the way of the windscreen. One must have them folded while cooking. When it is time to take the pot off the stove you will have to take the windscreen off first, unfold your pot handle and then remove the pot. Then finally put the trangia lid back on to exhaust the flame.

Last edited:
Here tested with my small pot. Works fine but as commented above the storage is not optimal.
9697330367_593c07219d_c.jpg

Much better in my wider pot, disassembled fits in rather nicely.
9700562010_0d91dbd9ec_c.jpg