Climbing the North Tripyramid North Slide 3/4/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gritter

Reaction score
This is my first post as a VFTT member. Thanks to Karl Searl for sponsoring me!

A few friends and I recently set out climb the North Tripyramid slide to get a taste of sustained and steep snow climbs. The trip involved Nordic skis, snowshoes, ice axes and crampons. It is definitely the highlight of my winter thus far!

Please check out my full trip report at my blog (New England Outside) and let me know what you think! http://www.newenglandoutside.com/2012/03/tripyramid-north-slide-expedition.html

Welcome to VFTT Grant! Nothing like starting of with a bang for your first post. Great TR and pics. North Slide is a serious challenge in winter. You guys made the most of it for sure. Congrats!

thanks

Welcome to VFTT Grant! Nothing like starting of with a bang for your first post. Great TR and pics. North Slide is a serious challenge in winter. You guys made the most of it for sure. Congrats!

Thanks Mark! The weather definitely helped us on this ascent but I can see how the North Slide can be scary in gnarly conditions.

1 hour to get up the slide, 10 minutes to get down! Nice. Is the slide well traveled in winter?

Sounds like a lot of fun...thanks for sharing and welcome aboard!

1 hour to get up the slide, 10 minutes to get down! Nice. Is the slide well traveled in winter?

Sounds like a lot of fun...thanks for sharing and welcome aboard!

We saw 2 other groups going up the slide that day. But it looks like the slide is not to well traveled since we were basically breaking trail and it had not snowed for a few days.

The descent is usually faster than the ascent but this trip took that to the extreme!

Thanks for the welcome aboard!

Grant, awesome report, and I can relate to your opening statement several times, about everything coming together on hikes.

Glad you all made it safely. Not a single mention of the A word in your report???