Cold-end

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

At 7 30 We were the first to sign the register:eek:, around 2 inches of new snow from the parking to the Avalanche Lake Arnold Lake junction.

Snow grow fast after the ski trail junction and We had between 6 to 8 inches before the traislcross the brook, after this place, near one foot.

At the Colden junction the snow now was regular between 12 to 18 inches with many waves over 2 feet!!:(

Slow progres, down the pack after the false summit and very cold and windy on Colden, 10 secondes face wind and frostbite!!!:mad:

We took near 5 hour to go up!!!

When We go down We meet my friend Joe, He asked Me "if I will go for an other peak?

My answer not sure it is a cold and hard day after yesterday.

Go Yvon;) the trail is broken to Colden now.

Pinpin the 3th.

Thanks so very much, my friend, for breaking the trail. I tried to catch up to you and help, but of course, I couldn't (started at 9:00). When I saw the tracks toward Lake Arnold, I thought the person would be going to Redfield and Cliff--and leave the nice climbing of Mt Colden to me. How surprised I was when your tracks turned right at Lake Arnold! By this time, however, I was almost certain you were my leader. Who else would take those consistent steps and never stop for a rest break?

About half way to the summit I checked the thermometer on my pack (too cold to do it on top), it read -5 F (-20 C)! No doubt the summit was colder, and the wind chill was off the charts. I don't usually carry a ski mask, but your advice to use it this time was most appreciated.

At least, now it is "officially" winter.

Thank you Pinpin

Thank you Pinpin,
But I finally decided at the last minute yesterday, not to go. :mad:
But If I had been,I would have not done Colden, because it is already did on my list of 46W. :)
Thank you anyway, but I am sure many will be glad that you opened this trail, including Joe.
This year, I will have all the friday to work on my list. Because I start to work only 4 day's a week in 2009. :):) So that mean, that I should meet you Joe and you Alain also. :) I will do solo and I will join other to. We will maybe go at the end of the week, at that time you should have finish to open most of the trails.

And I read, that you are claim in another region. :rolleyes:

I am a big fan of you and your TR.

Merci encore Alain, passe de joyeuse fêtes.
Ça fait longtemps que l'on s'est vu, à bientôt je l'espère.