Cornith New York

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter

Reaction score
I may have an opportunity to get a quick morning hike in on Friday and will be staying near Cornith New York. Is there anything close by where you can hike up and enjoy some views?

Advise

Hunter,

Give Hadley a try. It's trailhead is on Hadley Hill road.
There is a maintained fire tower, that you can climb and get some
desent views. 2 miles up, and 2 miles down.
This is just North of Corinth.

Mike G.

Hadley - no doubt

Hunter, I agree wholeheartedly with Mike, it's close by and a great little mountain with great views.

Hadley/ Roundtop

Hadley is a nice mountain. If you want a longer hike, you can bushwack along the ridge from Hadley over to Roundtop. It is a relatively easy bushwack (a little over mile). Roundtop has nice open rock summit and you will most likely have it to yourself (Hadley can be crowded).

Spruce mountain has a fire tower with the bottom stairs missing. You can still climb it, but I would not consider it too safe. There are no views otherwise. The hike is short (about 1 mile one-way), but there is a maze of logging roads, and it is easy to make a wrong turn.

Thanks for the suggestions. Is there a place I can go on the web to get directions to the trailheads and or a brief description of the trails?

I would agree that Hadley is the best bet. I go to both of these for exercise when I am limited on time and Hadley is far superior to Spruce. The view from Spruce's tower is nice although the tower is in rough shape but the summit area has a couple buildings and other towers which detract from the appeal. I was there yesterday and there is a lot of litter on top as well. Hadley on the other hand is one of the fine little peaks in the southern adks.