Cotton Mt/Livermore Mt Loop 4/22

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverfox

Reaction score
Trail conditions : Mostly open woods...very dry on the oak leave laded south facing slopes.. Lower part of Cotton Mt trail flooded..I headed up 113 N for about 100 yards..the remains of an old road cut into the banking and soon come to an old overgrown gravel pit cut..by following the old cut I came out on the lower part of the newer gravel pit..Staying on the northern (right) side of the clearing the trail marker soon comes into view... Climb to Cotton clear of snow and dry.. Some snow patches in the deep col towards Livermore but short in duration..several minor brooks easily crossed..climb up to Livermore a bit wet in spots and somewhat obscure in others..took Prescott path down towards Mt Road..smooth sailing there though one snowy spot by peeper laden vernal pool..Mt Road wet and rough in spots.. easy going in others..keep an eye out for bypasses in the steeper spots on the left

Equipment:..yes..I brought the snow shoes....yes I felt foolish..other than that... a nice warm weather hike in lightweight style..hey..3 weeks ago there was 3 feet of snow here!!

Comments: One of my favorite local loops..a bit surprised to see the flooded lower trail as no snow in the area and the woods are dry..I suspect beavers...passed a c ouple of deer remains as evidenced by quantities of fur and scattered bones...felt nice to have the summer shoes on..so flexible!!