Der's snow in dem thar' hills

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peak_bgr

Reaction score
Yes after the clouds parted, we could see a dusting of snow on the trees at around 3500' or so. It's coming, we're suppose to get more over the weekend, not much, and most likly not abything down low. Placid, maybe.

Actually I was up there today and no snow, it was a thick coating of ice on the trees from what must have been freezing rain. We did see a few flakes in the air today,

Well, there was snow up there on Sunday big guy. I slide in one more hike out of Elk Lake before the gate closes and the entire slide was covered til the top. Solid inch or more as you went up, great packing snow I found out as I pelted my buddy with snowballs on the way up the slide. :D I told him it was either for forgetting the camera I told him to bring or because I said "be prepared for winter conditions" and he brought a wind breaker. :mad: Man I wish I had pictures- perfect sun light foliage all around Elk Lake - turn around and look up slide the view was like middle of winter with the sticky snow, awesome. :cool:

The tops of the peaks over in NH (Franconia Notch) all had a coating of rime ice from, I think, the northwest. Anywhere from a 1/4" to a full inch or more up on the Cannon summit tower.