Dix and Hough from Round Pond - 10/24

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P-N-T

Reaction score
Plenty of snow and ice, particularly after the slide. It was such a beautiful sunny day that we were able to do the entire trip in shorts and capris but carried all the other stuff just in case (hey better safe than sorry) The snow was never deeper than our boots but of course I managed to kick plenty of it into them so gaitors would have been helpful to keep the sloshing away. The trails are well maintained (including Hough). There's been plenty of rain and snow is expected tonight and tomorrow so I guess it's time to start carrying or wearing all the extra stuff for winter type hiking. Can't wait til we can be sliding on the snow down these mountains again.

Equipment: Usual interim seasonal hiking mix (thank goodness it's mostly light stuff) I wish I had brought lighter waterproof gloves - all I had were the skiing type and man were my hands hot when we had to wear them for the flight down (although the nose rubbing soft spot was nice).