Edmonton to Jackson, WY by bike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epic Shakedown

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are planning a bike tour this summer from Edmonton to Jackson, WY through Jasper, Banff, Glacier, Yellowstone and the Tetons. I am going to take some notes from the Glacier thread here, but I am looking for more suggestions, especially in terms of camping, must-do hikes for side trips, places to eat, etc.

I have spent some time in Yellowstone and Tetons, but have not been to any of the Canadian parks. We will partially follow the Adventure Cycling route. Anybody have any experience in these parks? Thanks!

I've been to Banff and Jasper many times in my youth but being my youth it was as a tourist and not a hiker/biker.. I used to see tons of bike tourers biking to Banff along Route 1 from Calgary (where my grandparents are) all the time.

BTW, the ACA have their own forums where you may find good info:

http://www.adventurecycling.org/forums/index.cfm

..at least if you have any questions about the new ACA route.. that route is fairly new I think, an offshoot of the Northern Tier...

What I remember of Edmonton was their huge-ass mall. :)

Jay

Thanks for the AC forums! That will help greatly.

Will hope to keep hearing from people here, too. Thanks.

I'm thinking through West Yellowstone. We'll be dropping two other friends off at the airport in Missoula. I'm still open to route changes and will probably stick with the AC route, unless I have good reason to go elsewhere.

It does look further, but you'd see more of the park entering through Gardiner. Plus there's that hot spring river you can swim in at the 45th Parallel :) .