EMS Goretex jacket - free to a good cause

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmak

Reaction score
Here's the deal....

Many years ago (I am so old at this point that all the years blend together) I purchased a 2 layer goretex jacket from EMS. I used it for 6 or 7 seasons, then upgraded to a Moonstone 3 layer jacket and was just using the EMS jacket for skiing. This year I bought a new Lowe Alpine ski jacket. I am slowly being over run with unused gear, so I need to get rid of some stuff and my EMS jacket has to go! Here's the specs on it:

* 2 layer goretex with a mesh liner
* adjustable hood big enough for a helmet
* pit zips
* 2 chest pockets; 2 waist pockets; 2 inside pockets
* small patched rip on one sleeve
* needs to be washed and retreated with a spray DWR
* green with black
* size medium; I am a 44 chest and it fits fine

I bond with my gear and find it tough to let an old friend like this go. Instead of selling it for a few dollars or dropping it off to Goodwill, I decided I would rather give it to someone that could use a decent jacket but maybe cannot afford one. I thought the best way to find that person would be to ask the Views community. Maybe it's a relative that you want to start off in mountaineering, someone in boy scouts or a church group or just a friend/neighbor.

In any event, I would rather this not go to someone that is just looking for an "extra" jacket. The intent is for this go to someone that is short on cash and needs a primary jacket. PM or send me an email explaining why you want the jacket (2 or 3 lines is fine, please keep it short) and at the end of the week I'll choose someone and send the jacket out Saturday morning. All that I ask in return is that you send me a back a check to cover the postal charges.

bobmak said:
Here's the deal....

Many years ago (I am so old at this point that all the years blend together) I purchased a 2 layer goretex jacket from EMS. I used it for 6 or 7 seasons, then upgraded to a Moonstone 3 layer jacket and was just using the EMS jacket for skiing. This year I bought a new Lowe Alpine ski jacket. I am slowly being over run with unused gear, so I need to get rid of some stuff and my EMS jacket has to go! Here's the specs on it:

* 2 layer goretex with a mesh liner
* adjustable hood big enough for a helmet
* pit zips
* 2 chest pockets; 2 waist pockets; 2 inside pockets
* small patched rip on one sleeve
* needs to be washed and retreated with a spray DWR
* green with black
* size medium; I am a 44 chest and it fits fine

I bond with my gear and find it tough to let an old friend like this go. Instead of selling it for a few dollars or dropping it off to Goodwill, I decided I would rather give it to someone that could use a decent jacket but maybe cannot afford one. I thought the best way to find that person would be to ask the Views community. Maybe it's a relative that you want to start off in mountaineering, someone in boy scouts or a church group or just a friend/neighbor.

In any event, I would rather this not go to someone that is just looking for an "extra" jacket. The intent is for this go to someone that is short on cash and needs a primary jacket. PM or send me an email explaining why you want the jacket (2 or 3 lines is fine, please keep it short) and at the end of the week I'll choose someone and send the jacket out Saturday morning. All that I ask in return is that you send me a back a check to cover the postal charges.

What a terrific gesture...im sure I could do that same thing if I just took a few minutes in the closet...I have a NASTY habit of buying new gear all the time...im a victim of following technology trends..I have TONS of "extra" jackets.

I will look and see...again...I think this is a terrific gesture...

:)

M