Falling Waters and Old Bridle Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChacoTaco

Reaction score
Great hike. It was cold and windy as forecasted but the winds were no problem, just a tad gusty. The monorail wa solid ice which made for good traction instead of postholing melted slushy. Im glad I had microspikes. It was CROO day so I passed a whole bunch of the Croo for Greenleaf. This was the first time I had been up Falling Waters and it was a sweet trail. Really great condition too. The walk across to Lafayette was uneventful minus the great views. Very peaceful. Did pass a few people. Old Bridle Path was in good shape, especially the open rock scrambles. No ice to be found. There is still lots of snow and ice on the final strecth to the hut but it will be gone soon. No measurable snow or ice above treeline. It did look as though it had snowed a little last nigh from the small pellets on the ground. It was snowing ever so lightly. Old Bridle Path has had some work done on it and it looks really great. Pictures and trip report on my blog
http://www.teamchacopak.com