Feeling that "wilderness experience" in the Whites

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
afka_bob said:
A minor quibble, Jason, but that would be my counter-elitist counter-rant. The "elitist, wilderness rant" was, I believe, Crusoe's, and unprovoked.

PS to sunfish:
Thanks for the kind words.

I didn't mean anything by it. Thought it funny that you deleted your 1st reactionary post... Cute baby in the avatar...

Last edited:
while we're on the subject of funny, deleted, reactionary posts...

[written pre-above-edit]

No offense taken -- I mean, this isn't like the time you said my baby was ugly! ;)

PS: re: avatar baby cuteness:
Would you make up your mind?

Last edited:
Lightening the, uh, heck up…

Imagine the honor of being both the recipient and subject of your first (really? wow!) post -- it is a thrill I will not soon forget.

I assume, of course, that your use of hyper-punctuation ("?????????????????????") and vulgarity were meant to ironically underline your admonition to lighten up?

As you say, :p

You may not always agree with him, but the dude with the cute baby is clever and he can write - a refreshing combination on any forum.

E.B. White wrote

"It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer."

We should have a membership-wide alert system for when a newcomer crosses swords with Afka Bob. Ringside seats.

"wilderness"

I live 99.7% of my life in either my home or my office, when I schlep into the whites far enough to work up a sweat, have no refrigerator and have to flush with wood chips, trust me.......I'm in the wilderness.

I have to add my voice to the choir who have been on trips and saw noone.

Perhaps get out of the Presi's and Franconia and you will find the solitude you seek. The Sandwich or Kilkenny area's perhaps.

In Crusoe's defense, I believe he has many more diving experiences than hiking experiences. In the sensory deprivation tank exists underwater, I suppose you see NO ONE!

Let me also add my voice to the Afka_Bob fan club. Man makes me laugh out loud everytime I read him! :D

Last edited:
I also enjoy your posts, Afka_Bob. And the baby is very cute. I was a little taken aback a couple weeks ago when the baby was sherpakroto. You could have some fun by putting a variety of critters in there every now and then!

Afka_bob

BOB FOR PRESIDENT BABY!

I'm going to be the campaign chair for this enterprise. Afka_bob is a genius.. Hands down!

Hell... I wish I was the baby in his pack.. then I wouldn't have to walk! :p

And I think I'm cuter anyway... Sorry Sherpa K!

I'm feeling a lot of love, here...

and it scares me a little :eek:

Thanks for all kind words about the little one (though someone could have noted that I was cute once, very long ago -- at least my mom thought so). :)

>>> though someone could have noted that I was cute once, very long ago <<<

We felt that went without saying.

:)

afka_bob said:
and it scares me a little :eek:

Thanks for all kind words about the little one (though someone could have noted that I was cute once, very long ago -- at least my mom thought so). :)

And here I didn't think your head could get any bigger... :eek: