Fisher Cat

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had one next door in Boxford, MA, in my neighbor's front yard. Stopped in the car while the fisher just gave us the evil stare. They allegedly killed several cats in our neighborhood a few years ago, although that cannot be verified.

I have seen two in Boxford and one in Maine. They are absolutely beautiful, but definitely not very domesticated!

You can see them playing in Manchester, NH during the summer months.... Oh wait I thought this thread was about baseball :)

Didn't they find one (road kill) on the Cape? I had a Mass DEM person giving a slide presentation to my environmental science class a few years back, she mentioned that the bell on ct collars are really dinner bells for fishers :eek:

Afew years back we had one hanging out in our neighborhood in Merrimack, NH for a summer. S/he ran across our lawn in broad daylight one day - didn't pay the least bit of attention as I shouted at her/him. Beautiful animal. Although some of my neighbors with small dogs or cats may not have been as enamored with this predator's presense.

Hearing them call at night is a different matter - the same or different Fisher was about our woods the following summer. Their cry will make your blood go cold.

Still, it's great to see predators around, even in suburbia... ...it makes me feel like we really live in the woods. :)

LTH

The DEC was puttin traps in friend of mines yard just north of me to catch fishers that have been eating all the cats in the neighborhood.