Fri 3/18/11: Mts. Ellen & Abraham (VT) Ski Tour

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cragster

Reaction score
Planning to park at Lincoln Peak Lodge, take the Mad Bus to Mt. Ellen Lodge, then skin up Mt. Ellen, pick up the LT (South) to Lincoln Peak then out and back to Mt. Abe. Ski down to Lincoln Peak Lodge. I'm hoping that Sugarbush is "ski tour friendly" as Wildcat, Killington, Stowe are--or let me know if they are not.

If you are interested, I could be persuaded to spot a car and do the above route in reverse, except follow the LT (North) beyond Ellen to MRG--it does not appear as though the Mad Bus from Sugarbush to MRG operates on Fridays.

Sugarbush is sort of grudging about this. They used to try to shut people out altogether, but in the face of some bad PR they relented. They want you to check in at Guest Services to ask which trails you ought to skin up, though.

Sugarbush is sort of grudging about this. They used to try to shut people out altogether, but in the face of some bad PR they relented. They want you to check in at Guest Services to ask which trails you ought to skin up, though.

Thanks, Mirabela. I didn't see your response until after my hike, but being a Friday, it wasn't a problem. I went right to the bottom of the Super Bravo chair and headed up the edge of Gondolier. Full report here:
http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?p=342975#post342975