Fun on Flume (and Liberty) 1/4/2003

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HikerBob - it should be. I'm pretty careful about keeping the camera time correct so I can figure out times from the pictures later. That's also why I tend to take shots of trail signs.

And the note by the ladders was from me ... I'm glad you saw it!

Michael

I do the same with the camera clock and trail signs. Good way of looking back over a hike and figuring out the where and when's.

Thanks for the note in the snow - it certainly helped to know I wasn't *days* behind :D

Bob

Hikerbob---

I got lost on my way to the Woodstock Brewery...that's the only reason I was even back at that trailhead. ;)

As the kids I work with would say, "We had your back yo!".

Blue, Turnbill, myself and others all had plans to stop back to check on people. Sherpa gave us the all clear when we got there.

No pressure Hikerbob...but I nominate you to orgainize the next one....I mean...why mess with success!

Bobtrek57

HikerBob,
I checked the timestamp on my pics, and that was indeed Arm, cantdog (12:10), me (12:20), followed a few minutes later by MichaelJ, shizzmac and JohnS on Liberty (12:30). I mentioned to someone (JohnS?) as we climbed that I could see someone nearing the Flume summit. I was on Flume alone at 11:15-11:20, with the rest about 5-10 minutes behind me (I had planned to wait for them, but it got pretty darn cold, so I waited in the col)

Max: my parking lot photo, right after you left to check Flume lot was at 3:06, so you got to the Whitehouse lot sometime before 3:00.

Last edited:
Our group arrived at the junction of Flume Slide trail at 10:30 and I had wandered down the slide trail a few yards and scratched a time in the snow in case Arm and Cantdog happened to be coming by. So that put us on the summit of Flume at about 10:35 or so. We stayed about 15-20 minutes perhaps, and I think we hit the summit of Liberty just before noon. And I think we got back to the Whitehouse parking lot around 2:15. The time of Michael's "flop-in-the-snow" pic sounds about right, as I had gotten a ride back to Lincoln Woods, went back to the motel to pick up my wife and then arrived back at the parking lot to see if anyone else needed a shuttle back to the Kanc, getting there sometime after 3 PM.

Max

The time of my photo of Max, Blue and SpongeBob at the Flume Slide Trail is 10:30 and my first photo on the Flume summit is at about 10:45. My shot of Max's boots is on the climb up to Liberty at about 11:30 and my first Liberty summit photo is at 11:40. The photo at Liberty Spring jct is at a little past noon. The Crampon photo was taken at 12:30 at the Liberty spring campsite.

I never did take a photo at the end. That last 0.6 mile on the Pemi Trail really wiped me out and I just forgot to take out my camera for a final photo.

Last edited:
Sounds like you all had a ball, sorry I missed out.

Great pictures everyone.
Look forward to seeing you on the trails soon.

Sticks

HikerBob,

Sorry to have missed this one! Next time!!

Go Patriots!!!

:)