Galehead and Twins, Sunday 11/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LenDawg

Reaction score
Planning a group hike to begin up Gale River Trail, up to tag Galehead, then accross Twinway, to N. Twin Spur, then down the North Twin Trail. We will meet at the start of the Gale River Trail at seven AM and do a car spot. All are welcome.

It always comes down to breakfast, doesn't it! NICE!

On a side-note, anyone coming should bring headlamps just in case. Better safe than sorry.

I'll be there as well! Make sure you bring rain coats or ponchos because the forcast isn't looking too nice.

-Tomahawk

Headlamps?! Are you guys that slow?! :eek: I hope to make it...do you think there's still any snow up there? I'm not totally equipped for winter just yet...

No ..I don't think we'll be too slow, I hope....we're just factoring in some extra time just in case Lenny goes to the wrong trailhead! :D

-MEB

Yeah, I think we'll be fine. I don't anticipate us moving too slow. I just thought it might be a good thing to have... Just in case my car drives me to LW. Hey MEB, are you or Rachel bringing snow shoes?

I'll be bringing everything-snowshoes and stabilicers....whether it will get used is another question.

-MEB

I will attempt to make it. It would do me good to see some of the traversers again.
Lenny you must be close to finishing your first 48!

I won't be there, but I did this exact hike today, except I soloed so I went in and back. I had way too much trouble sleeping last night to attempt Isolation today unfortunately, so I went back to Galehead and did manage to bag N.Twin, which I didn't yet have. I definitely wouldn't bother with snowshoes; the snow is sporadic, slushy and not very deep at all. Some of the crossings, especially the last Gale River crossing, are a bit challenging but very doable with poles or a helping hand. Use the log on that last crossing I would say; hard to find another way across in my mind. The trail is very wet in places, but pretty much what you might expect after the snow followed by the warmth. The air was so warm and the sky was clear blue with some gorgeous views (though not from the top!!) out there today. Hope the weather forecast for tomorrow is wrong. Enjoy, everyone :).

so did you guys do this hike or what? i was waiting for the report and snow amounts..lol