Gear Exchange Forum Poll?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear Exchange Forum on VFTT?

• Good idea! Let\'s try it.

Votes: 64 77.1%
  • Good idea but not for VFTT.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Bad idea!

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Don\'t waste my time.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
This Board Already Crashes on a Regular Basis

This Board already crashes on a regular basis, and costs scads of dough. The idea of a payed service was even tossed around at one point. I don't think it's wise to start another service, especailly one thats going to recquire a degree of attention and maintenance. Because now your going to have all the problems of an online retail store (think ebay) and a popular hiking forum.

I think the idea of post and then take it private sounds good. I agree this seems to be a good group. I am not opposed to having a cut go to a charity, but it seems like that would complicate things.

I also think having bringing items to a gathering is a good idea too for those who can attend. Then you see what you get.

gear forum

it seems to me that some think the forum is going to be similar to ebay (w/o the bidding) & others thinks it's going to be a place to post stuff to sell - exchange - or just get rid of. what exactly did you have in mind? or were you waiting to see what the folks wanted? i think this thing is getting beaten to death. i mean COME ON! how much of a problem can it be to have a forum where someone can say: "for sale: 1 pr of women's size 36 Garmont Pinnacles- never worn. $70 OBO. call: xxx-xxxx or email: [email protected]
to keep it real simple offer just that. maybe a picture or 2. but we could email pics ourselves once someone is interested.
you GUYS are driving me nuts! you took something so simple and you have made into a legislative nightmare.
put a frellin disclaimer on the site and let's get the ball rolling!

:rolleyes: