Good morning winter! Snowfall amounts?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got about 3-4 inches in Paul Smiths, NY. On the summit of McKenzie Mountain this morning, we encountered about 5-6 inches.

Mattl said:
14 inches at Bretton woods, and its gonna snow in the whites untill tomorrow afternoon. Too bad the future looks bad..this would be a great way to go into winter. -Mattl

I just came from Bretton Woods and I wouldn't say that was near 14in.s.. Maybe were they plowed..Or at the very top of the mountain.

Down below more like 6 or 8 of white fluffy stuff. The Cog had solid 8.

Waumbek said:
But higher elevations will probably be OK. Great boost for opening day at Cannon, which reports 11-12" new snow in the last 24 hours, 13-14" in the last 48 hours, a base temp of 8F and summit temp of 2F.
Just got back from Cannon. Didn't measure the new snow, but 11-12" is believeable. However, given the temps of 7-10F (parking lot), the snow was light and fluffy and will pack down to very little. Even after the groomers had been over it, it was still very dry. It was also rather windy.

Doug

Dusting in Madison and Conway. Drove to work in Fryeburg, ME, to find about 7" of very dry powder, which was easier to broom than shovel!

I'm very excited to go tracking today in the Dry River Wilderness. :D

Happy Trails :)