GPS tracklog question.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
I just found out that when I save an active tracklog on my Garmin RINO 110 that I lose all the trackpoints' timestamps for the sake of not using up too much memory. I want to preserve the timestamps. Someone suggested I upgrade to a model with more memory. I would hate to shell out the bucks and be stuck with the same result. I have written Garmin regarding this but would like to here what DougP unh, I mean the forum has to say about this issue.

Tracks

Have not had the same problem saving tracks with my RINO 110, but my RINO 110 has never performed well. Consistently loosing the signal when my other Garmin GPS (ETREX) works perfectly. I have written Garmin three times with no reply. Please let me know if they respond to you and how it works out.

Best of luck.

medic108

Neil said:
I have written Garmin regarding this but would like to here what DougP unh, I mean the forum has to say about this issue.
Hey! It's late--I want to hit the sack. :)

Yes saving the tracklog on the gps loses the timestamps.

Save the active tracklog directly to your computer and edit to get the desired section of the track. The size of the active tracklog is 2048 points.

IIRC, we had a recent thread on the same topic.

Doug