Greeley Ponds

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greeley and East Pond

Hi--I was up there last Saturday morning. Parking lot to Greeley was full of people so I went down to East Pond trail/trailhead. There was a TON of snow there, so much I couldn't really make out the trail itself and had to turn back. I think there is even more snow at Greeley since it's that much higher up the Kanc. It was amazing to see the contrast between the snowpack at Greeley and East Pond trailheads compared to down at Lincoln Woods.

Have fun but get to the trailhead early--that lot fills up quickly.

--Carla

There were several people on this trail last weekend.

The fresh snow was about knee deep and moderately wet (soaking wet cement at lower elevation, fluffier and deeper up top).

The blow-downs and bent-over trees were so numerous that multiple alternative trails were broken out. This provided us an opportunity to go astray on the way out.

I tried skiing on the lower Nanamocomuck beside Bear Notch Road, but the wet cement was too deep to plow through. At the higher elevation of Greeley Ponds, the snow was lighter.