Green Mtns vs. Catskills

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is better?

• Green Mountains

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Catskills

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
there is no skiing in the Greens. and if there were, it would only be on bald hil... i've said too much already.
and i just voted for the catskills because, no matter which is indeed better, the cats deserve more than 7 votes.

I could have sworn I was skiing at Stowe, MRG, SBush...There were more too--But I guess I could be misremembering:confused:

I could have sworn I was skiing at Stowe, MRG, SBush...There were more too--But I guess I could be misremembering:confused:

Sorry, I was making a joke about backcountry skiing... which maybe didn't quite work.

Sorry, I was making a joke about backcountry skiing... which maybe didn't quite work.

I thought so..Actually I thought maybe you were referring to boilerplate and other Eastern Skiing conditions:D

26 votes on 711 hits.My only experiences in the Green Mountains were hiking about 100 miles on the Long Trail. Most of that was during the night in 2003 and 2004 over 6 days or should I say nights.But seeing a Moose near the top of a mountain at night would never happen in the Catskills.They are both very beautiful and I am glad to have them close to home.The Catskills are just outside my door step. But this thread inspired me to go back up to the Green mountains again,and hike during the day light hours.I need Camel's Hump and Mansfield for my 4000'er list .Did lots of skiing up there over the years.I liked that single chair lift at M.R.G.! Goat and Star are some great ski trails also.

Last edited:
Green or Catskills?

Hi everybody.;)

We just come back from a long canoe trip (30 days) in Labrador & Quebec North Shore of St-Laurent River from Oreway to Natashquan to paddle the Natashquan River.

We saw this delicat question Vermont or Catskills?:confused:

We had a very bad time with the "ortie" nettle in the Catskills at the end of the summer and We did not remember (it was to far in my memories) had bad time in Vermont except with the zealous troppers...:mad:

But We will need to take a decision for the next Winter Caskills or Green?

But in the Winter all the mountain are white without needle except the needles create by the frozen rain, humidity or tears in or out your body.....

We voted half & half.......... :cool:

Pinpin The 3th.