Hale via Hale Brook Trail (out and back)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
Date: 24 November 2012

Trail conditions: trail was in very good shape with no muddy spots. The leaves and some patchy ice made for some slick conditions that were more noticeable on descent. No blowdowns or other issues of consequence. Trail had a dusting from halfway up to the summit. No ice floes.

Special equipment needed: i hiked in a long sleeve tee and hat on the ascent and switched to full fleece jacket before the summit and for the trip down. Cold but not winter just yet. Traction stayed in my pack. Some may feel more comfortable on the descent with it especially after last night's light snow. I'd say it's necessary in the pack at this point.

Comments: lovely to see some more of the white that gives these mountains their name. Good trail to stretch my legs after a day on Madison and Adams Friday. passed a few others who were on the way out but I didn't get on the trail till 11ish (with 2 headlamps packed). Nice to get on Hale before Zealand Road closes for the season.