Half a 6-pack & Mt Tecumseh, 1-2 to 1-5

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTNRUNR

Reaction score
Gotta tell ya...the planets were in the correct alignment(Or whatever) for these 4 days!!!

Thursday night we met at the White Wolf and plans were made...

Friday we drove 12 1/2 miles in off the main road and parked out of the way of the logging trucks going in and out. Then...over comes the boss and informs us we can't stay and will have to drive back out :eek: We told him we spoke with headquarters and it would be fine. He had us move further off the road and let us stay...thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

From there it was 4.2 miles to the summit of Cupsuptic Snow. Along the way Speed Flagman was busy beating bushes with pink flagging and eating the flagging :D Sweet easy hike...one down...that puts me at 91 winter nehh.

Saturday (while Al, One Step, SF and Lord Marc were bagging the Crockers and Redington) Docross and I went scouting on the "Canada Road" There was a Bull Moose in the road which jogged a bit before taking a left exit...THEN a pack of 4!!! A Bull and his Ladies;) Soon we arrived at what we believed to be the "spot":confused: Well...let's hike in a bit to see what it looks like. After 1.1 miles the interstate ended and...the OPEN woods began :D Well...let's see what the woods and terrain are like. Then...there's the cannister for White Cap!!! Group supper at the White Wolf, the others bagged the peaks and we showed them a picture of us at the cannister:D They were very happy!

Sunday, in full force, we again summited White Cap. Then, following SF and the Lord we left the ridge for the thick spruce forest. Again we were blessed as after a short ways we came out onto what could have been a snowmobile trail...thank yous all over again :D Following this to the saddle the thick stuff was back most of the ways to NKD summit. We didn't stick around long in the breezy -10 degree overcast skies! Going out was soooo sweet ;) Unbelievably we were back to the cars by 1:30. For anyone that's into Glade Skiing(?), you'd love coming out from White Cap Ridge! Back in Stratton everyone headed home. But I stayed as I'd been cheated out of "sleeping in"!

Monday I got up at 8:30, left at 10:15, breakfast at BMC(?) in Rangeley, parked at Waterville Valley Ski area at 3:45. I've always known that if I didn't get out of the woods before dark...I wuz gonna die!!! Well...I was here to find out! Had to turn on the headlamp when I got to the ridge...AND...it worked :p Taking pictures of the darkness from the summit will alway provide me with pleasant memories;) Thanks to Mr Hawkins, I can color in one more(of the 576) squares:p

Well I'm now at 93(unbelievable!!!) with Boundary and Baxter left...YIKES!!! I KNOW I'm gonna die!!!

Well...it's almost midnight and my mind is certainly fuzzier than usual, so hope this all makes sense. Guess I'll find out when I read it tomorrow after a LOT of sleep;)

Hike on!!!

Oh yeah...send me a PM when you get a chance Sue, Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Whittling away at the 6 pack

Nice Report Fred. For me, COP Snow is the straggler.

Me too.

:p

GREAT trip report! Wowee! You guys really know how to bang out the winter bushwacks!!

White Wolf Inn...mmmmmm....did you have the Wolf Burger??

No but Damon did, and it looked like a coronary artery clogger!

Not that I ate healthy food, or anything!