Have you been ‘labeled’?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carole

Reaction score
Do you ignore them or take action? Huh? I’m talking about all those labels in hiking garments. Not because of weight (though they do add up) but because they scratch more often than not. Why so many labels? On just one top you can have the labels, yes labels, at the neck…one for the brand and attached to it or next to it is the fabric content label and then a third label to tell the size. Then on the same top, is one (if not two) labels, always right about the level of the waist belt with the care instructions in four languages. Then there is another brand label on the outside side seam, a label on the sleeve with some kind of ‘Tech’ info, and then the final emblazoned logo is somewhere on the sleeve, chest or back. Repeat with pants, undergarments, hats, neck gaitors, gloves, mid-layers, etc. Ouch.

I cut them out but carefully since they are stitched in the seam. If you cut too close you cut the seam but don’t cut close enough and you still have a scratcher. I also don’t care to be a walking billboard for outdoor clothes, so have been know to not buy something just because their logo is a bit much. Anyone else cut them out?

Funny, I don’t remember there being a problem with socks.

Hateful labels

This is a problem with most clothes; not just hiking stuff. They seem to be there for the manufacturer's ego, liability prevention or governmental 'feel good' laws.

I rip them out...

"This is a problem with most clothes; not just hiking stuff. They seem to be there for the manufacturer's ego, liability prevention or governmental 'feel good' laws."

I rip 'em out as well. Label's scratching at the neck is the equivalent of the Chinese water torture to me.

Damon

I took off the huge 4"x6" (est) label that was on a stowe pocket on my BD Hilight I received, the thing was obnoxious so off it went. via scissors...

Jay

I remove labels that are itchy or in the way, particularly neck labels. Not just hiking clothes, either.

I also remove unnecessary velco.