Herd path from Iroquois to Marshall

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inmate10

Reaction score
I read in one of the trip reports (I think it was Gandalf's) that there's a herd path from Iroquois down to Algonquin Pass. The ADK guidebook I have doesn't mention it, can anyone give me any info on it? I'm heading up there next week and would like to bag all 4 of the MacIntyre's in one shot.

Thanks in advance!

I bushwhacked from the Tooth to the trail below some years ago. Back then, there was no herdpath that I could find. But here was generally the route I took: As you look toward Cliff from the Tooth you will see a straight dry rill (channel) descending in that direction. Follow the ridge of S Tooth about 200 feet in that direction keeping up on the right side. Then you will come to another rill going off to the right. Take it. Otherwise you will end up at Flowed Lands. As you descend, it will become steep, but there will be lots of trees to grab onto. You will come to some minor cliffs that are near vertical, but can be negotiated okay. I even took my dog down it! But do watch that you don't dead end. Once you reach the bottom, the forest becomes thick with dead branches and there is a shallow old streambed that will ultimately take you to the trail.