Hike, Friday Feb. 10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJH

Reaction score
I know its a work day for most, but I'm throwing this out there anyway. I'm planning on hiking this Friday Feb. 10. I'm thinking possibly Moosilauke via Glencliff; Passaconaway, Whiteface from Ferncroft; or Liberty and Flume as I need all of these peaks. It appears that the weather might even be winterlike. My start time will be approx. 09:00 am as it will take me about 4 hours from home to trailhead. I have no problem going solo, but would welcome the company. I could also start at 08:00 if I had to. Tim

I sent Tim a PM re: Whiteface and Passaconaway already and I would love to join you if that's OK. I could make it earlier or later, either would work for me. This hike has been tops on my list for a while, so I'm crossing my fingers that we get a nice clear day for it :) .

I'm planning on hiking Liberty and Flume on Thursday. (Took the day off from work) Anyone is welcome to join us. Right now I have one other person joining me. I've never hiked Flume and I've only done Liberty during the summer. I'm planning on taking the Liberty Spring trail out and back.

Take the crampons with you for the Whiteface-Passaconaway loop folks. After what Charles & I encountered there yesterday in the rain sets up in the cold it will be a ribbon of ice from end to end. The good thing was that the crossing on Dicey's Mill was easy. There will definitely be a load of ice on Rollin's.

bobandgeri,
If you will delay your start until 07:30, I'll make sure I'm there. It will be an honor to hike with you both as I have enjoyed your reports and photos for some time now. Gaiagirl, it looks like 07:30 will be the start time. See you all then. Tim

7:30 AM it is!

TJH and GaiaGirl - we will see you Friday morning. At least one other is planning on joining us as well.

Anyone else who has Fri off - join us!

Hooray!!! :) I'm packing and getting ready now since I have a pesky thing called work later today until 10PM, and it could really get in the way of my hiking if I let it :D . Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning.