Hiking partner - one day VT hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHIKER

Reaction score
I'm Planning on hiking from Lincoln Gap to Appalachian Gap next Wednesday - weather permitting. The ridge by sugar Loaf is one of the best in Vermont for sheer beauty and views. Will leave Lincoln Gap about 8:15am and should finish by 2 or so. Wouldn't mind some company. I plan on hiring a taxii for the ride back to Lincoln Gap and the car (costs $20). I will leave rindge, NH around 5am. Can pick up someone along the way if interested. At 71 years young I am not a "fast hiker" but I do "git-er-done" as the saying goes and average about 2 miles per hour if that matters. Can contact me at [email protected]

Gordon "Renaissance Man" Ripley

I'd love to do that hike with you, but my vacation doesn't start until July 1.
There are some great views from the top of Mount Ellen. Unfortunately the only time I have been up there I took the chair lift, but the skiing was nice too.
Have a great hike and thanks for the info about the taxi ride. That sounds like a plan to me.

There's always the next hike!!

Being retired certainly has its advantages!!! My hike is on for tomorrow but my next one will be from Appalachian Gap to Camel's Hump and return. If I get someone else to go and we use two cars the trip will be from Appalchian Gap to the other side of Camel's Hump (River Road). So, if anyone wants to do that one let me know.
Gordon Ripley
Rindge, NH