Hiking Tomorrow (wed, 12/28)?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HikerAmiga

Reaction score
Tomorrow's weather generally should be optimal with only 20% chance of precipitation and partly sunny with seasonable temps compared to the succeeding 5 or 6 days ahead, so I'd like to take advantage of this day for a nice hike.

If you can join us for a hike somewhere in the Whites, open to suggestions as well, please post here or PM either Hikerfast or me before 7am tomorrow, Wednesday.

Cheers,

Waumbek?

We are planning to take a stab at Waumbek via the Starr King Trail Wednesday. Shooting to be at the car park on Rt 2 for 8 a.m (described in the WMG as the Jefferson swimming pool lot just east of the junction of Rt 2 and 115A). Feel free to join in. We're not super fast, if that matters to you.
-vegematic

Kinsman's on Friday?

Hiker Amiga,

I know it is not Wednesday, but...I will be hiking the Kinsman's leaving from the Notch, up to the Lonesome Lake Hut then up an over North Kinsman to the south peak. Leaving the parking lot in the Notch about 8:00am. Let me know by this evening if you are interesed.

Clark.

What a coincidence!!

Clark:

Thanks for the offer! Though I am off this whole week, here's the situation...

As you saw my post above, Hikerfast and I had wanted to hike on Wednesday (yesterday) and Vegematic was interested too and asked us to join their hike. However, I awoke Wednesday feeling not well rested and under the weather so Hikerfast suggested we do an easy trek up the Lonesome Lake Trail/hut, a hike and place I hadn't yet experienced!! Even this easy trek found me unprepared as I experienced an energy crash on the way up.

We did make it to the hut though and spent a while there lunching and chatting with folks but did not attempt any higher ascents such as Kinsmans. I actually encouraged Hikerfast to go on and I'd hang around the hut, but he decided against it.

Turns out I developed a cold and will try to nurse it so I can join a group at Zealand Hut/summit this New Year's weekend when Hikerfast finishes his winter #48 there!!

Again, thanks for the kind offer. Maybe I/we can hike something in the near future!

Cheers,

Sorry you missed out on Waumbek. Was a wonderful day. Hope you're feeling better!
-vegematic