hunter 8/23/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan

Reaction score
date: 8/23/12

trails: becker hollow trail, becker hollow connector, spruceton trail

conditons: good parking off of 214 a bit south of its junction with 23a. lower becker hollow trail was a bit wet with very minor mud then dry on it's steady climb up to the connector junction. some flood damage along the lower portion of the trail. a few greasy rocks up high to watch out for. connector mostly dry as well to the summit (the spring was flowing) as was the spruceton trail to close out the loop over the summit and past the old tower site. tower is in great shape and well worth the climb for its views. the only water crossing of any significance was bridged.

equipment: nothing in particular.

comments: nice afternoon hike up to hunter. awesome views from the firetower on the summit. was able to make out many of the surrounding peaks which i always enjoy when visiting a new area. crowded up top, but becker hollow trail was a pretty quiet walk. with this hike and slide in the morning i was able to complete the northeast 115. a great day for it. i also got my first taste of the catskills region and i will hopefully be back many times in the future. a beautiful area.

bryan

[email protected]