jay peak recent info?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, the more people who don't think Jay gets so much snow means more fresh tracks for me. :D

-dave-

David Metsky said:
Hey, the more people who don't think Jay gets so much snow means more fresh tracks for me. :D

-dave-

I think there are plenty of people who think Jay gets lots of snow

pacnw01.jpg

skiguy said:
An abosolute Kook with anImpressive Resume for the meterology field.

Sorry Gator but I disagree. I have followed Jim Roemer for YEARS and he is way more on target than the average meterologist.
As for Jay Peak and the snow...ski it and you will believe it. This subject comes up on this board time and again. Always the same bottom line...They get more (no matter how much) than anybody else.

Roemer does all the forecasting for the American Ski Company resorts and his forecasts are absolutely ludicrous. The man never saw a day that wasn't picture perfect. A one inch snow storm becomes a 12 inch Roemer blizzard in his forecasts. I'm all for painting a positive marketing spin to get people up to the mountains, but this man must be getting paid a lot of money to put out forecasts that are soooo optimistic. Check out the k2trav.com website for some discussions about his forecasts. A lot of his forecasts are downright irresponsible. A two inch snowstorm becomes a 4-6 inch forecast w/ a 60% chance for 2-3 feet in the snow track moves 50 miles inland. It's rubbish. Ask a real metereologist about the phenomenon. There, i am done my rant.

Gator said:
I think there are plenty of people who think Jay gets lots of snow

Well sure, if ya want to stay with the lift served terrain. :) That's not where they keep the snow.

-dave-