Kearsarge North 10.24.08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitten

Reaction score
Trail taken: Kearsarge Trail

Trail Conditions: Trail was dry for the most part; towards the top more snow was in the area. Slippery leaves always make for an interesting hike.

Time Started: 8am; summit 10:15

Special Equipment: hiking pole, warm clothes

Comments: The trail was easily marked and free of blowdowns. Started to see snow after the ledges; not more than 1/2 inch in some parts. On the way back down, a lot of the snow had already melted. The hike up in the morning was cold - but the top was warm - and inside the fire tower the temperature was 60! A beautiful fall day - perfect for a hike. The view was incredible and vast. On the way to the top we saw no other hikers; on the way down we saw 29. A lot of traffic for a Friday hike. The hike was wonderful, getting the news while on the trail that one of my sisters had a heart attack last night at the age of 49 was not. :( The good news is - it was mild and she will be fine! :D Having perfect company during a hike - my wonderful husband (MtnMike) - always makes the trip special! :)

It is a nice hike... i remember drawing a sketch of me and my companions in one of the journals left in the fire tower years ago...thanks for the memory! sorry about your sister but glad she'll be ok :)