Kempshall Mtn?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoySwkr

Reaction score
Thinking of climbing it next week. How easy is old trail to find? How is bushwhack from tower site to E peak?

Wow. Nothing but crickets here.

Roy, I read something about that mountain in my Barbara McMartin High Peaks guide, but I’ll be darned if I can remember what she said and I’m sorry to say I forgot to check when I got home yesterday.

There’s a brief description on a Web site I found. Unfortunately, that site is as old as my book.

Did you see this thread on High Peaks Forum? It’s a year old.

Looked on adkforum but not High Peaks, I thought Kempshall was too low :)

It sounds promising to me, thanks

For what it's worth. I've heard that Blueberry which is located next to Kempshall has some nice views of Long Lake. Kempshall has nice views of tree trunks. I have not hike up either so I can't confirm.

My data is old, but I doubt the view from the summit has improved....and therefore, I'm comfortable saying there are many other peaks that I would would rather climb or reclimb before Kempshall.

John and I did this peak together to complete the NY 3000s in 1997. There was a summit clearing at that time, and the trail was somewhat overgrown but fairly easy to follow. But there's really no incentive to keep the trail maintained since the tower is long gone. Of course I happen to know that Roy collects fire tower summits .... whether there's a tower or not.