Kezar Ponds Gorge

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's not hidden anymore...:(
Reminds me of when people started sharing GPS tracks online. Nothing is sacred anymore. Was just hiking with a buddy who lives on MDI. He took me to a place where he had never been before. Only shared by word of mouth. We saw two other people all day. Their only comment was “I hope you don’t post this on Social Media”. The chase has become second to the goal.

Reactions: TEO
It’s just up the road from Fryeburg. It’s a bit dank in there. Nice gorge but not sure I’d view it as a great swimming hole.

Reminds me of when people started sharing GPS tracks online. Nothing is sacred anymore. Was just hiking with a buddy who lives on MDI. He took me to a place where he had never been before. Only shared by word of mouth. We saw two other people all day. Their only comment was “I hope you don’t post this on Social Media”. The chase has become second to the goal.
I remember once seeing one of my favorite hikes in the Whites featured in Backpacker magazine:cry:

It's never been a secret...it's well known locally. Unfortunately, it can be a bit of a party spot.
Yes, of course these places are known to the locals...but why broadcast their location to the world?

Yes, of course these places are known to the locals...but why broadcast their location to the world?
Happens to every place. The 4Ks' list was started to get people off the most popular routes into other, less-climbed areas. Then, they became too popular so other lists started up. Now, those peaks are experiencing heavy traffic. There are waterfall lists, swimming hole lists, backcountry ski stashes are on a list, etc.