Lafayette -4th time is a charm!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobMcCue

Reaction score
GlennS and I did the classic loop Sunday, Old Bridal Path to Greenleaf to Lafayette, along the Franconia Ridge Trail to Lincoln & Little Haystacks and down Falling Waters Trail.

My 4th attempt at Lafayette, my first we went to Lincoln, everything was socked in and several of us were wiped out. Second, less than a mile on the trail and we aided a seizure victim (he ended up walking out under his own power), that killed a lot of time and only got up to the hut, extremely windy by then and I turned around. Third was a quasi attempt, we went up the Skook, knowing it had not been fully broken out all winter and made it to the ridge about 2pm. And, yesterday was the charm, could not ask for a better day in the whites!! Views were fantastic in all directions.

Thanks much to GlennS for awesome company.

Special equipment, sun block!!! Crampons went on at the hut, & we kept them on for the rest of the day. No show shoes need, trails were all well consolidated on the monorail.

Link to pictures: http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/JDcCBErv/1292064/3595326

Last edited:
Congrats on another winter peak, Bob, you and Glenn clearly had the day for it, a better day in winter than I've had on that ridge. Great pics too.