Lafayette & Lincoln via Greenleaf, Franconia Ridge, Falling Waters Trails & Bike Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lafayette & Lincoln via Greenleaf, Franconia Ridge, Falling Waters Trails & Bike Path

Date of Hike: 5/25/2011

Description: I went up the Greenleaf Trail from the Cannon Mtn Tramway parking lot. As Mohamed mentioned, there were a few small patches of ice in Eagle pass, and also a few on the Falling Waters Trail near the top. None of these were a problem.

Franconia Ridge was dry, and nice and sunny, with quite a few people considering that it was a Wednesday. It was a perfect day to be above treeline. There were a few blackflies on Lafayette; otherwise, no real bug problem.

I missed the hut caretaker's maple bread, but talked with him while he washed the dining room floor.

It's been a while since I've been on the Falling Waters Trail, and it was my first time going down that way. Unless my memory of the trail is mistaken, I believe that there was some high water damage on the trail in the ledgy area above Cloudland Falls. All-in-all, it's a much better trail to climb than descend.

The Bike Path was a tiring slog at the end of the day, but seeing Eagle Pass for the first time made it worth it.

Last edited: