Lake Placid Banff Mtn Film fest (Rate the flicks)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What was your favorite film at the Banff Film Festival in Placid this year?

• 1. Grand Canyon Dreams- Hey, I wonder if you could fly a paraglider over that monster?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Balancing Point- The reverse destruction of balanced rock sculptures.

• 3. The Hatch- Fishing film about an epic insect hatch in Black Canyon National Park.

• 4. The Khumbu Might Mites- The children of Nepal’s Khumbu enjoy a day of fun on their homemade skis.

• 5. Suspended Time- Silence and the passing of time mark the lives of two elderly brothers.

• 6. The Lost People of Mountain Village- What really happened to the lost people of Mountain Village?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 7. Return to Sender: Parallelojams- Hilarious and inspiring. Crack-climbing addicts.

• 8. The Tangerine Dream- TGR extreme ski boarding and BASE jumping film.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • 9. Solilochairliftquist- Thinking on a ski lift

• Total voters

Head

Reaction score
It's your chance to be Ebert & Roeper! For those who saw the flicks listed above(this was the lineup at Placid), click on your favorite flick and rate 'em!

Last edited:
I have to say my fav was the tangerene dream. Great shots and it was really cool watching the extreme skiiers and boarders. I also enjoyed parellolojams , the one on crack climbing, im not a rock climber but it was a nice insight into the things these people go through, amkes me want to get into it. I also enjoyed the very first film on teh guy parasailing across the grand canyon. Very enjoyable film, great humor too. I throughly enjoyed all of the films there, teh lost moutnin folks was only ok on my lsit htough. The only thing that could have made it better was if i won some of the cool give away stuff!