Lampson Falls

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akramitis

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the footbridge over the main branch of Grass River has been replaced?

It is the one that is about a mile north of Lampson Falls, near Clare, NY.

I was there couple years ago and the bridge was gone.

Thanks.

Lampson Falls!!!!!!

I can't help with any info since I haven't been there since college, but boy did seeing this post bring back MANY MANY fun memories of college shenanigans there.

Almost as much fun as playing at Joe Indian Falls!

Post a pic if you make it there! (All of mine were destroyed for matters of self-incrimination. :cool: :cool: :cool: )

i'm not sure but in the past couple years i havn't seen any activity by the DEC...

so, most likely it's still not repaired.

hey DOC, where did you go to school....we used to hang out there all the time, only 20 min from Canton.....

Thanks for the info.

Two years ago I went there. Nice hike but I was disappointed the bridge was down for I could not go across. I continued on the east side of the river up to the big bend less than a mile north from where the bridge used to be. I vowed that I will go back at a later time when the bridge would be replaced. It sounds that is still not the case. Perhaps, I will wade to the other side above the falls or further down.

Anyway, here are some photos of the falls from my trip there two years ago. If I’ll go there this weekend (I’m still not sure), I will post more.