Old Pemi trails

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcat32

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an old trail or relo off the Wilderness Trail between Cedar Brook and Thoreau Falls Trails. I camped down an old brushed trail between the Wilderness Trail and the river with several established sites. At the river there were old cement bridge columns. I'm assuming a former trail crossed here, possibly to join Bondcliff. I'd say it was roughly a half mile east of the Cedar Brook Trail.

You are correct, the Wilderness Trail crossed the river over a suspension bridge and then paralleled the river for 0.7 miles to the Bondcliff Trail junction. Suspension Bridge was removed a dozen years ago.

Pemi Wilderness Suspension Bridge.jpg

That 7 tenths on the other side fo the river is worth visiting to see the biggest piece of logging history in the whites that the USFS wishes would go away.

You are correct, the Wilderness Trail crossed the river over a suspension bridge and then paralleled the river for 0.7 miles to the Bondcliff Trail junction. Suspension Bridge was removed a dozen years ago.

View attachment 6911

Thanks Chris it made sense, I thought I remembered it on my Pemi Loop years ago on my old AMC maps that I long since gave away but wasn't sure. BTW your blog was my go to reference and came in handy when I was tackling the ADK 46. You hike a similar pace to me and I found your times right on for my planning purposes. If you ever want to get together for a trip sometime, particularly a backpack or GRT/Pemi/Presi Trav type daytrip let me know. I have a hard time finding anyone with a similar pace. Currently in the ADK but enjoy heading other places (Catskills have been on my radar)